- A dynamic community of 30,404 (2010 US Census) people located in the heart of prestigious West St. Louis County;
- One half hour from St. Louis-Lambert International Airport and 40 minutes to downtown St. Louis;
- Served by triple A rated Rockwood and Parkway School Districts;
- Within 30 minutes of five major universities and colleges;
- Continually working to promote and facilitate commercial development while strengthening the relationship with the business community.
- A low crime rate due to a highly trained Police Department which provides the full range of police protection, investigation and community services;
- Housing in a range of styles and prices to meet every taste and pocketbook;
- Parkway School District “Accredited with Distinction”
- Rockwood School District "Distinction in Performance with High Achievement"
- An abundant supply of inexpensive water, energy and sewage treatment capacity. The main distribution network is fully developed and in place;
- Quick and easy access to Interstates 270, 64, and 44;
- Convenient to all kinds of shopping, entertainment and recreational facilities;
- A class 4 fire insurance rating;
- No municipal property tax;
- A diversified economic base;
- A well developed system of parks and recreational facilities including:
- Maintain a balance among residential commercial and industrial land uses to assure the continuance of Ballwin's ambiance and character;
- Continue to grow in a manner that is consistent with high property values and a quality lifestyle;
- Continue to provide a full range of high quality municipal services while protecting the fiscal integrity and tax base of the community.
revised March, 2012
||December 29, 1950 as a Class Four City under Missouri Law
||650 ft. above sea level 760 ft. at highest point
||10 square miles, located in west St. Louis County
|Miles of Streets:
|Single Family Homes:
||High: 66 deg. F. Low: 45 deg. F.
|Daily % chance of Sunshine:
Real Estate Tax: The City of Ballwin currently does not assess a real estate tax. Real estate tax is however collected by St. Louis County, the area school districts, and other agencies. For information call the County Tax Assessor at (314) 615-4225.
- Utility tax: 7 %
- Sales Tax: 7.925%
Political Districting: These are links to websites that are not affiliated with the City of Ballwin.