The Board of Aldermen and the entire City staff are committed to excellence:
- By creating a positive environment which makes Ballwin the City of choice within the St. Louis region;
- By maintaining an open and honest dialogue with residents and businesses within our community;
- By delivering top-quality services in a cost-efficient manner;
- By providing and encouraging cultural and recreational opportunities for all age groups;
- By enhancing property values by continuing to improve and maintain the public infrastructure;
- By ensuring a safe and secure environment for all residents, businesses, and visitors to our community;
- By treating all customers and constituents as we expect to be treated — in a fair, courteous, and equitable manner;
- By working positively and constructively with our neighboring communities. agencies, and organizations to foster and promote high quality of life for our mutual constituents.
- A dynamic community of 31,103 (2020 US Census) people located in the heart of prestigious West St. Louis County;
- 30 minutes from St. Louis-Lambert International Airport and 40 minutes to downtown St. Louis;
- Served by AAA-rated Rockwood and Parkway School Districts;
- Within 30 minutes of five major universities and colleges;
- Continually working to promote and facilitate commercial development while strengthening the relationship with the business community.
- A low crime rate due to a highly-trained Police Department which provides the full range of police protection, investigation, and community services;
- Housing in a range of styles and prices to meet every taste and pocketbook;
- Parkway School District “Accredited with Distinction”
- Rockwood School District "Accredited with Distinction"
- An abundant supply of inexpensive water, energy, and sewage treatment capacity. The main distribution network is fully developed and in place;
- Quick and easy access to Interstates 270, 64, and 44;
- Convenient to all kinds of shopping, entertainment, and recreational facilities;
- A class 4 fire insurance rating;
- Zero percent municipal property tax;
- A diversified economic base;
- A well developed system of parks and recreational facilities including:
- Maintain a balance among residential, commercial, and industrial land uses to assure the continuance of Ballwin's ambiance and character;
- Continue to grow in a manner that is consistent with high-property values and a quality lifestyle;
- Continue to provide a full range of high-quality municipal services while protecting the fiscal integrity and tax base of the community.
*revised March, 2012
|Incorporated:||December 29, 1950 as a Class Four City under Missouri Law|
|Elevation:||650 ft. above sea level 760 ft. at highest point|
|Geographic Area:||10 square miles, located in west St. Louis County|
|Miles of Streets:||123|
|Single Family Homes:||9909|
|Temperature Averages:||High: 66 deg. F. Low: 45 deg. F.|
|Average Precipitation:||33.9 inches|
|Daily % chance of Sunshine:||57%|
Real Estate Tax: The City of Ballwin currently does not assess a real estate tax. Real estate tax is however collected by St. Louis County, the area school districts, and other agencies. For information, call the County Tax Assessor at (314) 615-2555.
- Utility tax: 7 %
- Sales Tax: 8.738%
These are links to websites that are not affiliated with the City of Ballwin.