Trash Pick-up & Recycling
The City of Ballwin does not provide trash collection services. For the most current and accurate information, residents should contact Republic Services directly with questions or comments regarding their service.
Republic Services - Bridgeton
12976 St. Charles Rock Rd.
Bridgeton, MO 63044
Phone Number: 636-947-5959
General Trash Guidelines:
- By law, only non-hazardous household solid waste can be collected. Liquid waste products cannot be collected in a liquid state.
- Non-hazardous liquids can be mixed with an absorbent such as Kitty Litter, but MUST be completely dry & with the lid off the container to show the driver that it is dried out.
- Trash is limited to Republic Services cart provided. Residents may choose either a 35, 65 or 95 gallon trash cart. Cost is based upon size of cart. Occasional overage may be called in and scheduled. Consistent overage (more than 3 times in a 12-week period) the resident will be asked to upsize their container to the next highest size or if they already have the largest container they will be asked to rent an additional container.
- All services are “curbside” which is placed within four feet (4’) of the traveled portion of the adjoining roadway.
- Trash with yardwaste mixed cannot be collected.
- Items over four feet (4’) high or long must be broken down or cut to four feet (4’) or less.
- Loose materials must be containerized or bundled.
- All rubbish (waste that rots and stinks) should be bagged AND the bag(s) should be placed in trash carts. Republic Services will NOT be responsible for any garbage spread about when animals or birds rip any such bag(s) open.
- Trash cannot be collected in cardboard boxes. All boxes must be broken down and may be recycled.
- Medically necessary needles (sharps), such as diabetic syringes will only be collected when in approved sharps containers which are available from your syringe supplier or you may use a puncture proof container with a tightly closed lid.
- Bulky Trash includes any type of solid waste that cannot be placed into trash cart. Bulky Trash does NOT include major appliances, automobile parts or components, construction debris or any other such items. These items are to be serviced on the last pick up day of the month and scheduled for collection. All boxes need to be broken down and bundled. Bulk is limited to 2 items/150 lbs at no charge. Please call Customer Service to schedule any Bulky pick up.
- Major Appliances (White Goods) are to be scheduled for collection through Republic Services Customer Service (636) 947-5959. There is no extra charge for this service.
- Tires and Batteries will not be collected at all.
- Construction material or the materials that result from home remodeling projects can be picked up if it fits in the Republic Services trash cart (must be level with the top of the can) and weigh less than 50 lbs. All other materials must be quoted by the Customer Service Representative or the Route Supervisor for a special pick up with a minimum charge of $50. Some examples of the construction or remodeling materials are:
- Carpeting and other flooring materials
- Drywall or sheetrock
- Wood (e.g., 2X4’s, plywood, paneling, peg board)
- Bathroom fixtures (toilets, tubs, commodes)
- Kitchen fixtures (cabinets, islands. Etc.)
- Plumbing (pipes, sinks)
- Large light fixtures (if the fixture does not fit in a 32-gallon can with the lid secured normally, we are unable to pick up)
- Roofing material (e.g., shingles, ceramic roof tiles, tar paper, gutters, fascia boards)
This above list is not all-inclusive. Please contact our Republic Services Customer Service office to inquire about scheduling construction items to be picked up for an additional charge.
- Yardwaste with trash mixed in cannot be collected.
- Loose yardwaste must be bagged in standard 30-gallon PAPER yardwaste bags or placed in designated 32-gallon or smaller yardwaste cans or in Republic Services yard waste carts. Cans or bags should not weigh more than 75 pounds or what one person can lift.
- YARDWASTE IN PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- YARDWASTE IN CARDBOARD BOXES WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- Yardwaste carts are to be used for yardwaste ONLY.
- Customer-owned containers used for yardwaste should be marked with the letter “X” or the words “Yardwaste Only.”
- Tree limbs and branches less than six inches (6”) in diameter must be tied (with TWINE – NO WIRE) in bundles no bigger than four feet (4’) long by twenty-four inches (24”) in diameter; however, no bundle is to weigh more than seventy-five (75) pounds. Limbs and branches six inches (6”) or more in diameter are considered Bulky Trash
- Tree stumps should be cut to yard waste standards and then either placed in containers, yard waste bags or tied and bundled no bigger than four feet (4’) long by twenty-four inches (24”) in diameter; however, no bundle is to weigh more than seventy-five (75) pounds. Unlimited.
- Christmas trees will be collected at no additional charge. The tree must be free of all decorations including tinsel, garland, ornaments and lights. The tree must also be cut shorter than six feet (6’) in length.
- Once Weekly Service: Republic Services has automated equipment to service 35, 65 OR 95 gallon recycle carts only. All recycle items must be contained in the recycle cart. Customers should contact Republic Services Customer Service if there are any issues with their carts.
Your Customer Service center will advise you of your current collection schedules. In order to insure collection of your trash, yard waste, and recycling, please put them out for collection at the curbside BY 6:00 AM on your scheduled collection day.