Contractor Licenses

The City of Ballwin requires that all contractors doing work within the City of Ballwin have a Contractor’s License. Proof of Worker’s Compensation Insurance is required. If your business is not required to carry Worker’s Compensation Insurance, then an Affidavit of Exemption is required. Special licensing restrictions and exclusions apply to pulling Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical Permits. Each contractor must have an active St. Louis County License in their respective field of expertise in addition to a contractor’s license.

Apply for a new contractor’s license

Affidavit of Exemption

License Renewal: The renewal period is now open. Please click here to renew . Contact Kathy Papp at or (636) 207-2390 with any questions. New license applications must be processed through the Government Center.