General Park Rules
The Parks and Recreation Department reminds everyone of the following rules which apply to the use of City park facilities.
- Vlasis, The Pointe, and Holloway Parks are open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. New Ballwin and Ferris Parks are open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Comfort stations are open from April 1 - Oct. 31.
- Motorized vehicles are only allowed on paved roads and parking areas. The speed limit is 15 MPH. No vehicles allowed on walking paths.
- Bicycles are allowed only on paved areas or cycling paths.
- Swimming, wading, boating, and skating in any park pond is prohibited.
- Fires are only allowed in barbecue pits.
- All rubbish and debris must be disposed of in waste containers.
- Camping is not allowed.
- Pets must be secured by a leash.
- Horses are not allowed.
- Solicitation by any business or service in parks is not allowed.
- Golfing and golf practice are not allowed in any city park (with the exception of paid usage of the city golf club).
- Sport courts are reserved for the activities for which they were designed (No other activities are allowed). Players should be mindful and considerate of those waiting to play.
- Please do not feed the ducks or geese.
- No live entertainment without the permission of the Director.
Pavilions are available year round on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, group picnic pavilions are also available on a reservation basis. Reservations are taken on a calendar year basis beginning in January for that calendar year. Reservation fees vary for each site and are due at the time of reservation application. To check availability contact The Parks and Recreation Department at The Pointe at Ballwin Commons, at (636) 227-8950. To complete the reservation permit application please visit The Pointe in person.
Refunds are not granted for reservation fees unless the parks and recreation department cancels the permit.
Fires must remain in fire pits and we ask that inflatable bouncing units, ponies, and live music are not included in your park celebration. Liquor may be brought into the park in non-glass containers. Pets should be secured on a leash.
All trash should be deposited in waste receptacles & restroom facilities are open in the parks April 1 - Oct. 31.
The fishing lakes at New Ballwin and Vlasis Park are stocked with catfish by the Missouri Department of Conservation, April through October. During the winter months, they are stocked with trout. Fishing is open to the public and is free of charge however, anglers over 16 years of age should acquire a Missouri Fishing License. Please observe the limits and rules posted at each location.
Please Don't Feed the Geese - It's bad for them, and could cost you.
As you may already know, the City has been experiencing a nuisance geese problem for many years now. One of the reasons we have so many geese in our parks is the fact that they have so much to eat. Park visitors feeding the geese food such as bread, French fries, and popcorn make the park a very inviting place for them. The excess food they receive also contributes to the large amount of droppings left behind. During certain times of the year geese become very aggressive. If you get too close, they can hurt you. Geese are wild birds and will find food on their own if they need to... even during the winter months.
Ballwin City Ordinance #05-37 prohibits the feeding of geese, ducks, or any other migratory water foul within the city limits of Ballwin. Anyone violating this ordinance can receive a fine of up to $500 or up to 90 days in jail.