The Ballwin Fine Arts Commission was established for the purpose of improving the quality of life of Ballwin residents by providing visual and performing arts improvements and activities.
The Arts Commission:
- Makes recommendations to the Parks Director or designee regarding the acquisition, maintenance, and display of works of art at sites within the City of Ballwin
- Recommends which works of art are suitable for such acquisition and display by utilizing recognized criteria and standards
- Recommends appropriate sites for the display of such art, taking into consideration such factors as availability of the site, visibility of the site, impact on property and persons in the near vicinity of the site, requisite approval by appropriate government agencies and other similar factors
- Promotes the acquisition, maintenance, and upkeep of works of art on sites within the city through contributions of specific art or funds to acquire and maintain the same
- Encourages community input and patronage by establishment of support/booster groups such as, but not limited to, a "friends of the arts" organization
The commission may receive donations, gifts, and legacies, which shall become the property of the City of Ballwin and shall be subject to all applicable auditing and purchasing procedures.
Email if you are interested in being a part of the Arts Commission!