Online Permits and License Renewal


Contractors may request and pay online for the following types of permits. Please note you must have a current contractor's license with the City of Ballwin prior to requesting a permit. Once your permit has been issued, you will receive an email notification that your permit status has changed. At that point you may call City Hall to schedule any required inspections during normal business hours at (636) 227-2129 (8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday) or email your inspection request to .



  • Backflow Preventer
  • Plumbing Remodel
  • Plumbing Repair
  • Single Family Residence Plumbing
  • Water Heaters


  • Multi-Family Electrical
  • Single Family Residents Electrical


  • Single Family Residence Mechanical

Click here to request one of these permits.  COMMERCIAL PERMITS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE.

For all other permits, forms may be accessed and printed from our website under 'Documents' and must be paid in person at the Government Center (1 Government Ctr).

License Renewals

To renew your license for 2022, please contact the City of Ballwin at (636) 227-9000 or visit 1 Government Ctr.

New license applications must be processed through the Government Center. 

Coming Soon: Residents

Occupancy inspections may soon be requested and paid online for the following types of dwellings:

  • Single Family Residence
  • Apartment
  • Condo

If you have questions about this process please call our Finance department at (636) 227-9000.