The indoor pool at The Pointe features 3 Lap Lanes, a two-story water slide, an indoor water playground, lazy river, and vortex. The Pointe offers swim lessons, water aerobics, swimming clinics, and more.
Please review the Indoor Pool Schedule
to ensure the pool is open for the purpose you wish to use it. If lightning is seen or thunder is heard, the indoor pool will close for 30 minutes.
|12:00 - 8:30 p.m.
|12:00 - 8:30 p.m.
|March 18 - 22
|MWF: 12 - 8:30 p.m.
T/Th: 12 - 6:30 p.m.
|12:00 - 8:30 p.m.
|2 - 5:30 p.m.
Try our Water Aerobics course for a low impact but high energy class. Different classes will target different muscles and intensity levels. Only patrons ages 14 and older may participate in our Water Fitness classes. The class size is limited to the first 28 people unless specified. All classes are available on a first come, first served basis. No entrance will be allowed more than 5 minutes after class starts. A regular membership to The Pointe does not cover the cost of Water Aerobics Classes. You may pay for classes with one of the following options:
Daily Fee VIP $7 Reg $9
*20 Visit Cards are non refundable and non transferable.
Receive the personalized attention you need to help achieve your fitness goals. Whether your goals are weight loss, improved range of motion, or increased muscle strength, our aquatic personal trainers will work with you one-on-one to develop a program tailored to meet your specific fitness needs.
Need to get certified? We offer off-season Red Cross Training classes held throughout the year at The Pointe at Ballwin Commons. Click here
for class dates and times.
Pointe Swim Lessons
The Pointe at Ballwin Commons offers Indoor Swim Lessons for children and adults of all ages and all abilities. Whether you're coming from Ellisville, Chesterfield, Manchester, St. Louis City or just across Ballwin, we know you and your child will gain critical safety skills at The Pointe. Lessons are offered year round with options of once weekly Saturday morning lessons or twice weekly Tuesday/Thursday evening lessons. Watch our calendar of events
for upcoming sessions.
The Pointe Indoor Pool Rules
- Obey Lifeguards at all times. For your safety, nobody may enter the water until a certified lifeguard is on duty and on stand.
Please shower before entering the pool.
No running or horseplay in or around the pool.
Children 8 years or younger must be accompanied by a person 14 years of age or older wearing a swim suit.
Only children less than 48” are allowed on the Children’s Play Structure.
In order to use the spa individually, guests must be 18 years of age or older. Guests 12-17 years of age may enter the spa with a parent/guardian present in the spa.
NO admittance will be given to anyone under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances.
Proper swim attire is required at all times. ( i.e. no cut-offs or thongs) Persons with improper swim attire will be asked to leave at the discretion of pool/staff members. Refunds will NOT be given out for improper swim attire.
Food, drink, glass, or coolers may not be brought into the pool area.
Ballwin Parks and Recreation is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items. Lockers are available at the facility.
Beach balls and foam balls are allowed unless deemed a hazard, lifeguard discretion.
Frisbees and hard balls such as footballs, basketballs, and tennis balls are not allowed.
Rafts, water wings, and inner tubes are not allowed. Dive rings and infant/toddler play toys are allowed as long as the child is being supervised by an adult.
ONLY US Coast Guard approved flotation devices may be used in the pool. See a staff member for use of a US Coast Guard approved lifejacket.
No one will be admitted into the pool with casts, open wounds, a rash, or an infectious or communicable disease.
No hanging on the lanes ropes or stainless steel railings.
No standing or sitting on the raised islands or peninsulas.
During periods of low attendance, various attractions may be closed.
The Ballwin Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to add additional rules which may be necessary for the safe operation of the pool.
Lap Lane Rules and Etiquette:
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming. Water walkers and swim lessons may use lap lanes when not occupied by a lap swimmer. Priority goes to the lap swimmers. It is the responsibility of the lap swimmer to politely ask non lap swimmers to exit a lane if no other lanes are available for use. Water walkers and lessons must exit the lanes and use the open space outside of the lap lanes when asked to move. Exceptions are given to swim lessons where the student is actively swimming laps
- Lap lanes are first-come-first-serve. During peak usage it will become necessary for you to share lanes and circle swim with other swimmers.
- When entering a lane with other swimmers, notify them that you are joining them. Never dive, jump, or push off into oncoming swimmers. Wait until they have made the turn and push off.
- Be aware of your space in the lane and orientation of others.
- If you need to pass in your lane, move up to the swimmer and tap their foot. It is inappropriate to grab or pull the person, but a tap is a clear indication of your presence and intent to pass.
- If you stop at the wall for any reason, squeeze into the corner of the lane so that other swimmers have ample room for turns.
- Lifeguards may ask you to switch lanes. Please accommodate our requests.
- We reserve the right to close lap lanes to accommodate special events or programs.
- At the discretion of any staff any individual that needs to use the ADA chair as a necessity to enter the water, and must use the wall for constant support will be granted shared priority of the lap lane closest to the wall.
It is the responsibility of the patrons when entering the facility to read and obey all posted signs.