How do I become a Ballwin Police Officer?
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AVAILABLE FOR POLICE OFFICER
This page provides a variety of resources to assist you in learning about the Ballwin Police Department and applying with the Ballwin Police Department. For questions related to job opportunities with the Ballwin Police Department, please contact our Recruitment Manager, Lt. Rob Wetzel, at 636-207-2314 or by email at .
- STARTING SALARY - $58,168 TO $67,433 dependent on prior years of service and qualifications.
- Health, dental and life insurance
- LAGERS (L12) Pension
- Paid Leave Two weeks of vacation each year, accrue 8 hours of sick leave each month, and two personal days off each year. In addition, the City observes ten paid holidays each year.
- Tuition reimbursement
The job of a Police Officer
The Ballwin Police Department is a full service organization with opportunities for individuals who are interested in providing quality law enforcement services to the public. Officers protect life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances including the prevention, detection, and investigation of crimes. These positions offer a wide variety of challenging emergency and routine duties including:
- Patrolling a designated area of the City of Ballwin and the City of Winchester
- Responding to a variety of calls for service involving criminal and non-criminal situations and taking necessary police action.
- Preparing police reports.
- Conducting investigations, collecting evidence, and interviewing witnesses/suspects.
- Testifying in Federal, State, and local courts, and in administrative hearings.
- Working in partnership with the community to solve problems.
- Developing relationships with civil groups, schools, businesses, neighborhood organizations, and other law enforcement agencies.
- Representing the police department to other city service areas, elected officials, outside agencies, and to various citizens and citizen groups.
All City of Ballwin employees are expected to perform their duties in accordance with the City’s Operating Principles; work and act as a team player in interactions with other city employees; and provide a high level of customer service at all times.